Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Still in Chicago - On Route to Minnesota and the Dakotas Tomorrow

I'm hanging out with some traveling kids here. I took a shower for the first time since leaving NY(maybe I shouldn't advertise that) and I feel refreshed for the road and documentary filming tomorrow. Otter, the hippie (who claims not be a hippie) who called me for a ride to Washington, is coming along.

The interview with Liz Cheever today was brief, but very interesting. She had a few friends over and their responses to my questions were thoughtful and insightful. I almost forgot what it was like to be 18...

Right now, I'm somewhere between the city world and the traveling world, and I feel a little like a freeway split between the two. Right now Otter is carving out feather shapes from Buffalo horns (real horns) and Bear is playing guitar and signing a song, and I off course, am on this computer, drinking my shitty beer from yesterday, and getting ready to digitize some footage and write some notes and things.

Even though I feel a million miles away from the traveling lifestyle it is more familiar to me than most things in New York, and these guys, even with the silly "road" names, feel like family. Sweet sentiment, guess I'll have to admit I've missed this in New York (not to mention in college); but I'll also admit I miss the motion and texture of the city. I'm moving a little slower now, even if I am flying across states.

No hipsters here, these guys are the real deal.

No comments:

Post a Comment