Monday, June 13, 2011

Getting Sucked Back into Hippie World

This always happens. So I posted a few cities that I'm going through on ride share earlier and I got a call from a dude who wants a ride to the Rainbow gathering in Spokane, Washington. I explained the situation, about me stopping in small and big towns and having conversations with people about social media, to which he replied, "That's great. While you're doing that I can sell my wood carvings and jewelry." Shit, I used to do that and I don't want to do that again, why? Because it's wares on you and it sucks.

BUT (and this is a big but) I started thinking that it might make an amazing component for the film: a juxtaposition between "Otter" (definitely a rainbow name) and the people I will be interviewing/talking to about social media. I mean, here's a guy who is living on the road, selling his crafts, and traveling more in real offline time than cyber world-mix that with the guy who doesn't know how to live without his internet phone.

I still don't know, but we're meeting up tomorrow night in Chicago after I'm done filming Liz, Mike's sister (Mike from the bodega wine bar) and her friends.

In other news: I am in the very small town of Lawrence, Michigan where I've found a great camping spot and took a nap in the sun for a few hours, but I'm still 120 something miles from Chicago, so I think I'll head back on the road and make more progress since I'll be meeting Liz at 12:30pm, even though this is the best sleeping spot I have found yet on this trip.

Thanks to The Waffle House of America for having wifi!

One more thing (and this was the reason why I drove over to the Waffle house from my camp spot) I can't get any of the video's loaded on vimeo because they are 2 or 3 gigs big. I want to upload clips from interviews, conversations, a crazy abstract film I made today in my sleepy field, and more. There is an option of Vimeo Plus which I might be able to afford if this hippie dude can come through with some cash, but right now my budget is tight! The membership is $60 and accepts 5 gigs a week. So, after that long pretense, if anyone is actually reading this and if those people would like to throw a few bucks in my corner that would be much appreciated. I can accept donations via paypal! I will send you a postcard from anywhere you like (though there are physical limitations) as well as listing you in the film's credits.

Think about it:)

No comments:

Post a Comment