Sunday, June 12, 2011

Early Mornings

I just rolled into the section of Toronto where Natalie lives. It's 7am on a Sunday and all the shops are closed except one bakery I found that does indeed have wifi. Sitting with a dollar coffee and watching the light overtake the night is a welcomed change for me since I usually sleep until noon most days in New York.

My car battery died last night (I'm an idiot and left my headlights on while I was getting some work done on my computer), but I found someone to jump it for me at a bar across the street. I bought him a beer for helping me out and had one myself. Since I was on the outskirts of Toronto there weren't too many camping options so I crashed in the dark section of an empty Baptist church parking lot. Not the best night of sleep, but definitely not the worst, and  hey, it's easy to get up early when you're sleeping in a car and want to get out of there before church goers start showing up.

This film is definitely an experiment as I have never traveled before with this much technology. It's quite comical that I groomed earlier today in the bathroom of a Tim Hortons and now I'm about to shoot an interview in a few hours, this is what I call Hobo Filmmaking. Hee hee. :)

By the way, it's freezing here! I'm really glad I brought my trusty corduroy coat!

I have uploaded a short clip from Lake Ontario where I took a quick dip yesterday (very quick since it was freezing). Check it out at: vimeo.com/kelleybrannon

No comments:

Post a Comment