Wednesday, June 22, 2011

And then there was jazz and everything was beautiful

Libra Room Cafe! Good tunes last night.

I'm having a cup of coffee right now and then I'll be heading over to Ad Busters, which is only a 5 minute drive from where I am. Since I haven't received confirmation from anyone there I'm just going to show up and hope someone is around that isn't too busy to talk for a minute. Then I'll be picking up my ride shares who also live within ten minutes of where I am (and where I'll be). I'm really thankful for the riders because my money is tied up. I made a poor judgement the other day by using my card at an outside pay pump at a Husky gas station at 1am in a small town in BC, Canada. When my card was declined when I tried to buy a coffee later that day I looked up my statement online: the gas station had charged me $127 and my account was on hold. I stopped at another Husky (by now I was hours from the one that overcharged me) and a woman working there told me that if you pay outside Husky charges a set "fill" price. $127? At most my car takes 30 bucks,  but then I'm not driving an 8 cylinder SUV. Anyway, I called the bank and they removed the hold, but it's going to be a few days before I can get back the $127 (I actually only pumped gas to $1.41 since I realized right after I started to fill that the gas was ethanol and I didn't want it-my car being so old and all) so I'm left with $20 until the bank gives me my money back and I sell this car. I'm really hoping for a quick sale since my time margin is growing more and more narrow by the day.

Today, the Riders and I will be stopping in Seattle to drop off Ride Share Lasse and friend, then in Olympia to drop Ride Share Dan off. Then I will make my way to Portland where I will be meeting up with one Erica Russo and filming her show at The Hawthorne Theater and asking her more questions. I have grown to love asking people questions.

Is Ad busters ready? By the way, if you're not familiar with them then please look them up as they are an incredible organization of anti-media media pioneers. Kalle Lasn, founder  of Ad Busters and author of the book, "Culture Jam" is at the top of my list of inspiring people. It would be really great if he was in the office today (just putting that out there)...

Despite the 'for nothing' riots that took place here a few days ago, I still think Vancouver is pretty cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment