Saturday, June 11, 2011

On Route to Toronto in search of Natalie

Natalie Zemon Davis, who resides in Toronto, Ontario in Canada, is the first person I will be interviewing on this trip. I am leaving Boston now, after bringing a friend and a (different) friend's cat up here from NYC. Since it took us over two hours to get out of the city today (due to the fact that I made a point to avoid all of the toll roads) we didn't roll into town until 6pm. I took a nap for a few hours and feel refueled at this 1am hour. I plan on driving until the sun comes up and finding a nice sunny field to camp in before continuing on. Since it's only a ten hour drive I won't have too far to go in the morning.

Next Stop: Chicago, with many small towns to wander through. I will also be picking up travelers on Craigslist's Ride Share (as well as any random hitchhikers) to help with the cost of fuel. Lucky for me and the riders that my 1995 Honda Civic Ex gets 40 miles to the gallon! It's by far the greatest aspect of this hunk of metal (well, the sun roof is pretty cool too). 

No comments:

Post a Comment