Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Time Lapse at a Slower Speed

My grandmother, Elizabeth L. Temple, passed away two nights ago at the Health and Rehab Center (terminal care) in Springfield, Vermont late Sunday night. Her funeral will be held next Wednesday in Rhode Island since that is where she lived for fifty-five years before moving in with my mother in Charlestown, New Hampshire ten years ago. My grandmother, whom my brother and I call Buffie (originating from her name Elizabeth), was born in 1920, the same year that women won the right to vote. She was an intricate part of my family's dynamic. She was the strength and backbone to many family turmoils. She was active in politics and forward thinking. The funeral will be held at The Church of Transfiguration in Edgewood, Rhode Island and the burial will be in St. Francis Cemetery in Pawtucket, RI. Among the scripture that will be read at the funeral I will be reading a passage from Bertrand Russell, one of my grandmother's favorite modern philosophers, to honor her intellect.

I will be returning to NYC later next week. I will be hosting the monthly storytelling series I curate called The Bodega Monthly at The Bodega Wine Bar in Brooklyn August 7.  I will resume production on Tools of the Trade by mid/late August.

Rest in absolute peace and wisdom Buffie.

No comments:

Post a Comment