Thursday, July 7, 2011

Facebook Headquarters

I left Tucson yesterday morning (I could no longer withstand the heat) and flew (by flying I mean hitchhiking but getting rides really, really fast and for long distances) to California. I made it to Ventura (west of LA) last night and made it to the Facebook Headquarters today (which is actually just south of SF and not in LA like I originally thought-haha). Of course I couldn't talk to anyone on staff, that was to be expected (despite my many emails requesting an interview), but something else is going on there; the staff isn't even allowed to discuss Facebook without prior consent by PR and all of the security guards have ear phones and walkie talkies. It's really high tech security. Makes one wonder how involved in Facebook is the government? I mean, Obama has even visited the headquarters...

I will upload a clip of footage from there very soon as well as compare my experience there with my experience at Ad Busters Media Foundation. I will also be heading back east very soon as well.

Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment