Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Back in NYC

I made it back from SF in four days. I decided to hitch in Ohio because my ride share driver was a little nutty and I needed my own space. It only took me two rides to get into NY. I rode with the second ride all the way to Ithaca, NY where I jumped on the last Greyhound bus heading into the city late last night. I arrived in Ridgewood very early this morning.

Today I have been in a bit of a daze. I guess it's a little like when someone comes back from a great vacation, but my "vacation" was dangerously close to a different lifestyle and one I have lived before. I have figured out one thing, however, that I need to travel. I received a great contact yesterday from Ron, my ride to Ithaca. He has a friend who has traveled around Europe and Asia and heads a media program in New Mexico. I'm going to send his friend an email and hopefully I will receive some advice and/or connections about traveling and filmmaking in Europe and Asia as I really want to film abroad. However, even though I am not there I have noticed a lot of people from Germany, The Netherlands, Spain, and Indonesia are reading my blog (from my stats breakdown-one of many blog features). I gave the blog address to a few friends of mine who are touring musicians in Europe (which they may have passed on to other people) and I also passed out cards on the plane headed for Amsterdam before the mechanical failures occurred. I would like to thank those abroad for taking the time and interest to read my narratives. It means a lot, especially since I am not there myself.

In other news (and news more breaking and important than mine):

Congrats to the people in the new country of South Sudan! 

No comments:

Post a Comment