Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Preparing for Production Meetings and being an Assistant Director on "The Break Up Notebook"

I've been working out a new and enhanced trailer this week to prepare for a meeting/pitch with a production company which will hopefully occur by the end of next week. A production company is necessary at this point in my documentary as it will allow me access to additional funding, crew, and post production opportunities.

In the meantime I have gotten on board with The Break Up Notebook, commonly referred to as BUN. I will be assisting the director, Peter Schneider, for the three weeks of rehearsals before the performance premiers in Asbury Park, NJ. BUN will be performed September 8 through the 25 with a range of ticket prices. My first assignment with Peter is to maintain a daily blog called "Kelley's Korner" which is featured on the homepage of Peter's site. Visit: peterschneiderproductions.com for more information about BUN and to follow my daily (or near daily) blog of the production progress and my own experiences. I will also be taking photos and adding short video clips to the blog as well. BUN is a lesbian musical that first premiered at the Hudson Theatre in Santa Monica, CA in December 2005. It was winner of the Ovation Award and six Garland Awards and the L.A. Drama Critics Award fir best score. BUN is a smart, funny, honest, and forward thinking story that details the hardships and compromises needed to maintain any relationship and proves that regardless of each partner's sex troubles and delights are a given. I think this is something we can all relate to.

In other news, I recently uploaded a video to my vimeo account (vimeo.com/kelleybrannon) called Before the Funeral which pays a little homage to my grandmother,  Elizabeth Temple. I shot most of the video while in NH where I also edited it. There is additional footage of the Utah desert/salt flats and scenes from a train window in the video as well.

I am still keeping the ball rolling with Tools of the Trade despite the plummeting Stock Market and what looks to be another economic collapse for the US. Maybe Tools will be able to encourage people to take more direct action in what they want to see happen in the future... I am also dedicated to my December 2011/January 2012 deadline for completion and release. You can view a crude trailer (which is more like a sample of the information I've gathered) on my vimeo as well.

vimeo.com/kelleybrannon

peterschneiderproductions.com for my blog about BUN

And if you happen to be sitting on a few grand then please donate to my Kickstarter fund (the blue link to the right on my blog homepage)-my project will be expired next week and, unfortunately, it looks like I'm not going to make to cut...oh well, I didn't do a very good job with promotion. Hopefully a production company will get on board instead!

No comments:

Post a Comment