Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Back in NYC after marching from nyc to dc!

I will begin all new posts with the heading, to anyone still reading this, because I no longer maintain this blog on a regular basis. Aside from being "preoccupied" at Occupy Wall Street, I co-organized the march with Michael Glazer that left OWS on Nov 9 and reached Occupy DC Nov 22. There were 22 people that left Zuccotti and over fifty that arrived in DC. For two weeks we walked through cities, rural country, and visited other occupations by walking along highway and secondary roads. We held public general assemblies at colleges and in towns; hosted facilitation teach-ins, and slept in public and private spaces that were offered to us at no cost by people living in those communities. Overall, the march was successful and got the ball rolling for future marches. Actually, I just got word that half dozen people from this last march will be leaving Dec 1 to march from DC to Atlanta. There is also a Green (vegetable oil) Bus leaving from OWS in two weeks and will be heading down the east coast, stopping at occupations along the way. I, however, will not be on either of those ventures, instead I'll be spending the month of December in NYC editing the march footage.

Update: Tools of the Trade is currently suspended yet again! There seems to be much more to discuss than social media right now. I hope to finish this film eventually, but for now I will be using what I have done on TOTT as training to apply to the documentary I will be working on about the march. I will begin with discussing OWS in short using the footage I have gathered since Sept. 17 and then quickly moving onto the march itself. It will definitely be Gorilla Documentary, but I utilize concepts from cinema verte as well and will let the film tell itself. I will also be working photographer who marched with us and we will incorporate these stills as well. Editing is set to begin Dec 1.

Stay tuned. Although I will be putting updates on the wordpress site: http://nycmarch2dc.wordpress.com/
This site (and the the twitter with the same name) also have a lot of the info about the march, stories, and more so check it out if you're interested.

Thanks to anyone who genuinely has an interest in Tools of the Trade and my apologies for again putting it on the shelf. Hopefully I will finish that doc one of these days.

No comments:

Post a Comment